Saturday, January 10, 2009

Resolutions from Outside the Loop

Since I forgot the resolutions part of the last post...

1. Lose 15 pounds. Encouraged from the successes of meeting my weight loss goals from the last two years, my ultimate weight goal is finally within my goal.

2. Declutter House. Moving (again) this year is a more than likely occurance. Plus every year I declutter our house (maybe because we move every year). I think it is a good practice to have.

3. Finish School. Or at least this portion of it. Each time I finish a section of my schooling I promise to never go back to school. At this point in my life, I am honest enough with myself to admit that most of the time I really enjoy school. I have decided that should the opportunity arise, I may go back to school in the future. For now, I am scheduled for graduation in December and I would like to make that appointment.

4. Find Real Job. Umm...while this is probably one of the more important ones, it is probably the one I am least motivated to do. In part, this results from the dreamlike state of our current existence, the one where the sense of the future is all very fuzzy. We know we are moving, but we don't know when or where...do you see why it would be difficult to job hunt?

5. Stop biting my nails. I am 24. I have had nails once that I can remember in my life. When I went with my friend to get our nails done before her wedding, the nail people wept at my poor ravaged nail beds.

6. Keep track of our spending. I always start out so well with this and gradually forget to record my earnings and keep track of our cash spending. This ends up being a lot of gray since most of my earnings come in as cash and everything but bills and gas goes out as cash.

7. Play violin in public. My goal used to be to try out for some sort of orchestra or symphony. My goal this year is to sit on a milk crate in Broad Ripple with my violin case open for people to throw money in. I figure the drunks will be less critical than symphony people...or not, who knows but it sounds like fun anyway.

Best of luck in your endeavors this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment