Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bummin'

On Tuesdays, I meet a friend for an intense day of bummin'. Today, we started by drinking a couple pots of coffee to fortify ourselves for the task ahead. Next on the list was the post office. Unfortunately, the pretentious Broad Ripple location finds it unfashionable to stay open past 4.00 so we headed on to the next location. Stop two was the apothecary where we picked up medicine for Thomas, my youngest son. By the way, he is a cat. I didn't know they had pharmacies for cats, although to be fair, they have people medicine too... Stop three was a post office that was actually interested in serving the public where I mailed my best friend's Christmas present (I get more prompt every year). Then to the bank where I considerably lightened myself of my hard earned cash. We then wandered through Target looking for black work shirts for me and non-holey jeans for him. We had better luck at Wal-Mart though I did find some really cute socks at Target. Then we went through his massive back stash of Art magazines looking for pictures to frame for his new apartment. I laughed for almost twenty minutes of one titled "Cement Cloud" of a...cement cloud poised over a major metropolitan area. I couldn't help but think what would happen when a cloud like that started raining, or became fog...

No comments:

Post a Comment