Thursday, January 15, 2009

Job Hunting

There are so many considerations when looking for a new job. I try not to think about the fact that I am going to spend almost a third of my life at this location, with these people. I try convince myself that I will not go crazy this time when faced with a monotonous workday, but the truth is, I am not as well adjusted as all of you... I like my job with dysfunctional people. Dysfunctional people are fun and make me feel remarkably put together, a feeling I don't get often away from work. 'Course I am the boring one at work, but I am amused by their antics. Put in a boring workplace and I will create antics of my own just to make the place interesting or at least I have in the past. I like to think I have matured enough to handle a normal job but the search alone is overwhelming me. This is compounded by the fact the job market stinks right now and I know going into it that it is going to take four times a long and I will have to beat out that many more people and believe in myself that much more...I think I have had enough of being confident and powerful tonight. I will drag my confident and powerful butt to bed and try again tomorrow.

Baby steps...

2 comments:

  1. If I may impart some of my worldly wisdom gained from my (cough) old age... it doesn't matter what you do; It DOES matter who you do it with. It doesn't matter what you do; it DOES matter that you do it well.

    My kids are going to be sick of me telling them that. I'll practice on you. :-)

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you oh wise one....:) I don't mind at all. Looking at all this positions, my response has been, I don't qualify for anything...

    ReplyDelete