Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hats and Scarves

I received a cute phone call from my niece last week. I picked up the phone and she hung up on me. I called her back and the little one asked why I was calling. I told her she had called me, what did she want? "Uh, um, Suzie, um, can you, um, ahh, um Suzie, will you, uh, um make me a scarf like mommy's?" I said that I could, what color was it? Apparently rainbow is a sufficient answer. So rainbow it is. I am excited that I actually get time to work on it. We are heading to Chicago tonight for Rob's dad's surgery. Without a phone or a computer or a book, I should have plenty of time to knit a scarf for a four year old. I'm thinking a matching 'rainbow' hat should go nicely with it. In lieu of my own children, I feel that I have a sacred responsibility to spoil my only niece rotten. If she needs a scarf and hat for those bitter Tennessee winters, then that is what I will do for her... Since she is four, I will forgive her, but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the whining about the temperature from the Tennessee crowd with the weather we have been having...especially when they were all raised up here to begin with...

2 comments: