Friday, November 14, 2008

Here and Now

The leaves are changing here. I drove out in the country the other day (on a fruitless mission for cheaper gas) and ended up roaming around enjoying the scenery. I am going to try and go out on Sunday to get some pictures. We have lived in Indy for a little over two years now. Living in a big city is something I always wanted to do and it has been an awesome experience, but part of me misses the country. I miss not having neighbors, the quiet, and the stars not being dimmed by city lights. I miss the pace of small town life. Someday, hopefully, we will end up with a quiet place in the country where we can enjoy our mornings with coffee on the front porch. For now, we have our place, just outside the loop, where our morning coffee is laced with dreams, prayers, hopes and plans for the future. For now, that is enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sweetie - nice blog. I like how your mind works. But I have bad news for you. You sound more and more like your mom everyday! I love the big city and what it has to offer, but there is nothing like the peace of the country to soothe the soul and help you get it all in perspective. Guess I will continue to drive for the perks of the city.
    I love you, honey. Get some sleep - will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wonder where a park ranger goes to get away from it all???

    ReplyDelete