Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Couch Observations

Day three of being stuck on the couch:
Observation One: Turns out you can be 24 and still need a babysitter. This morning Rob called work to let them know that they could start a meeting without him because my babysitter hadn't shown up yet. I laughed and told him that I could be alone for an hour or so and it wouldn't kill me. On a positive note, the surgery went well and I am healing. Today I felt better than I have the last couple days. I can go to the bathroom all by myself and I even made my own toast this morning.
My second observation is that I am really glad that we cleaned the living room before the surgery. I am pretty sure if I were stuck on the couch in a dirty living room, I would be going a little nuts. Instead, I am able to work on homework and attempt to read The Brother's Karamazov (are you proud of me, Tom?). Amazingly it is working nearly as well as the painkillers at putting me to sleep.
Third Observation: Kyle and Ryan are really sweet. They sent me flowers that smell wonderful. They are sitting on the coffee table right next to me and they really perk up the room. If I am stuck here then it is nice to have something pretty to look at.
Fourth Observation: Thanksgiving is next week. I am really excited to see my family and to show off our awesome house. Rob and I have done a lot of work on it over the summer and fall and it is really coming together. We have a couple of minor projects left and then it is done!
Sorry I am not more interesting today but my last couple days have been spent in dreamland sans the dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment