Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Details, Details...

I hate shopping, hate it so much that I will get bread and eggs from wok and skip grocery shopping for up to three months at a time (hey, you can do that when you don't have kids). Then when it gets to the point where it can be avoided no longer (what, the family doesn't want pb&j for Thanksgiving dinner?) I shop for four our five hours and find that it really isn't as bad as I think it is. In fact, today I almost enjoyed myself.

So part of running around today included a much needed trip to the bank. While there, I mentioned to our banker that I had applied at the branch by our house and was pretty sure I had bombed the interview. He says "Hang on," and comes back to tell me that they want me at that branch. I had an impromptu interview on the spot, during which my phone wouldn't stop ringing and was told to email my resume. We shall see, I suppose.

After running my errands I get home and notice in our quest to make sure there aren't holes in the walls and that all the rooms have doors, we have neglected to tackle the office. Let me preface this by saying that you cannot walk through our office. There are two places to step and if you can't get to where you need to be by hitting those two steps, you are out of luck. I debated for about thirty seconds about whether to make a half-hearted attempt to straighten up or to just push everything in and shut the door. I think that it will have to be a project for another day. The rest of the house looks awesome though, and I am really looking forward to seeing my family. I will try and post some pictures after Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment