Monday, November 24, 2008

Chaos Studies

We are studying work methods in my project management class and the discussion question this week asked if working in chaos was an acceptable practice. Hmmm... Looking around, I would say in home practice yes, business practice, no. The question is: If you manage your life in chaos at home is it possible to work the opposite way at work? Can your desk at home look like an evil twin of your professional workspace? And if you do function that way, is it like having split personalities? What is the problem exactly with working in chaos? Nothing...if you can function well in it except, no one else can understand your system without you. So my new question is: Is working is chaos some sort of control mechanism, a way to ensure that your are needed? One thing is for sure, my husband would need help navigating my filing system...guess he is stuck with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment