Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sarah Vs. Delusional Memories

Preface: I believe that children are a blessing and one of the most rewarding decisions you can make in your life. This does not mean that the process for obtaining them is nine months of euphoria. Worth it? Yes. Glorious? No.

My legs hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts, my stomach itches. I am too hot or too cold all the time, I can't reach my feet, I still have morning sickness, I have really bad heartburn, and I have to go to the bathroom every hour. I am exhausted but can't sleep (see bathroom every hour). The baby keeps alternately pinching the nerves in my legs with his head and reshuffling my ribs with his feet. If one more woman tells me that being pregnant is the most glorious experience in the world I am going to shove one of the socks I cannot get on my feet down her throat.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the first trimester is the second-worst. You feel horrible, but at least you have the excitement of finding out about baby.
    The actual worst part is the last trimester. At that point the baby, and you, are so huge, that you can't get comfortable in any position. The baby wiggles and moves and pushes all over your body. Plus you have the nervous-making thought growing in the back of your mind- how am I ever going to get this thing out, and when?

    So, it eases up some the middle trimester. You don't have to pee as much, morning sickness is gone (probably), and the baby is still small enough to not be that uncomfortable.

    Yeah but as far as babies go, all that pain and bother is just practice to get you ready for all the stuff that happens once they're born. That must be why women look back on their pregnancies as being so wonderful.
    ----Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deborah, as much as I hate it right now, I am kinda okay with it right now. I cannot imagine how different everything will be once the little man gets here. Right now I am okay with the known over the unknown...I guess we are back to enjoying each part of life as it comes along.

    ReplyDelete