Friday, December 11, 2009

I Miss my Brain

Apparently my brain took vacation yesterday. I had to call twice to ask what time my doctor's appointment was, left the house in slippers, which are not snow appropriate footwear, then forgot to get half my grocery list at the store. I got home, started baking, added the wrong kind of nuts to the no-spit candy, forgot half the butter in the brownies, re-made them, realized the recipe was just gross, and had to throw out a whole recipe of ginger molasses cookies because the dough was too hard to work or I was too frazzled or both.

We are going to attempt the baking thing again today, hopefully my brain is well rested from its day off.

2 comments:

  1. But at least you had some no-spit candy to console you. What kind of nuts did you use? Is it a mistake worth repeating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazelnuts and I don't know yet. I haven't kept much down in the last three days and I don't want the baby, I mean pregnancy to forever ruin no-spit candy for me. We will attempt them tomorrow and I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete