Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bummer

I saw a recipe for Creme de Menthe brownies a month ago that looked amazing. It took me a while to get to a liquor store to buy the necessary Creme de Menthe for the recipe so I finally got around to making them yesterday. After two failed batches of brownies, I finally found a recipe worthy of the delicious minty frosting. I frosted them, crushed Andes mints on top of them, admired how pretty they were, and prepared to eat one. No dice, the baby was not in the mood for minty deliciousness so instead I sat on the kitchen floor and cried. After more than a month of anticipation, I was too nauseous to even attempt them. Of course Rob comes home from work at that precise moment and is left trying to figure out whether I am really that upset about just brownies, the pregnancy or something else entirely. I am sure he thinks that I have lost my sanity...

After staring at the brownies all day today, I took them to work so that someone could enjoy them. Apparently they were a hit, I believe it took about ten minutes for all of them to disappear. I did break off a corner of one tonight before the last one got devoured. Wow...definite keeper recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment