Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where is my book?

My whole week has been an exercise in obsessively checking my front porch for my accounting textbook. I normally order from the school bookstore, but as this textbook was remarkably expensive, I looked on half.com and found one for half the price. I did not, however, check the shipping method as I ordered it a week and a half before the class began. Apparently Media Mail means, really really slow mail...and now I understand why the shipping was so cheap. So today I sat in my driveway today waiting for the mailman, met him at his truck, and lo and behold, I now have a textbook! If it had not come today I would have had to buy one from the local college to complete my assignments, leaving me with two really really expensive textbooks. On the plus side, I think my best bet to become rich would be to write textbooks. I can't think of a single reason that a one year old book should go for two hundred dollars.

I am so excited about having tomorrow off from work, I have a laundry pile that is three weeks deep that I am really looking forward to folding and even though I hate vacuuming, I really want to vacuum for some reason. I picked up the house yesterday and it was such a peaceful day in my neat house that I want to compound my pleasure by having a neat and clean house! After that, I think Rob and I have a date. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, or at least it is for someone who works in the restaurant industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment