Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Land of Frozen Bounty

As much as I wish it were not so, I do not cook when Rob is away. Not even for Gus. Until he can demonstrate that my cooking can be consumed with as much gusto as Desitin or toilet paper, the hassle of attempting to grocery shop and later cook with him underfoot is just not worth it.

After three days in a row of PB&J for dinner I bit the bullet and went to Walmart yesterday to stock up on staples for bachelor cooking Sarah-style. First, I stopped at the gas station to buy a 16 oz bribe for good behavior. Gus was so proud going through Walmart with his blue slurpee. He held it up to show most of the people we passed with a loud declaration of "UMMM!" I was incredibly pleased with how easy his cooperation was to purchase until three blowout diapers later. Apparently blue slurpee doesn't love Gus as much as Gus loves blue slurpee.

Anyway, back to the food. My bachelor cooking stock up looks something like this:

Popsicles
Frozen chinese stir fry dinners
Frozen veggies for easy sides
Boxed pasta sides
All the fixings for eggs Benedict (because they are amazing!)
Frozen waffles
Fresh fruit for waffles, smoothies and snacking
Jimmy Deans breakfast bowls
Breakfast sausages
Smoked salmon for salmon Dijon butter on Italian bread (yum!)
Frozen pizza
Fish sticks
Frozen lasagna
Salami
Cheese
Pickles
Frozen chicken fettuccine
Fresh veggies for quesadillas

Add to this my holiday weekend stock up of meats (ribs, pork chops, chicken, hamburger, hot dogs, brats) and little man and I are set till Rob gets home. I plan on not going to the grocery store for anything other than milk for the next month.

Ah, elective laziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment