Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sarah Vs. Well, Umm, Old People

Old Lady: Where on your menu are the bacon and eggs?
Me: Umm, we don't have any
Old Lady: Why not? That is what I am in the mood for.
Me: Well, ma'am, this is a steakhouse that is never open for breakfast.
Old Lady: Well, now I have no idea what I want, I really wanted bacon and eggs.
Me: Well we have bacon and we have eggs, I see no reason why we couldn't make you a bacon and egg plate. Do you want toast too?
Old Lady: Yes please, do you have wheat toast?
Me: Well no, we have white bread, and we don't have a toaster, but we could grill it a little for you.
Old Lady: That will be fine, with some jam.
Me: All we have is mint jelly and raspberry puree for the cheesecake.
Old Lady: I guess that will have to do then.

In the kitchen

Me: I have an order for bacon eggs, toast and the raspberry syrup we put on cheesecake.
Cook: What?
Me: Its an old lady, she wants what she wants.
Cook: Why doesn't she go to Denny's across the street? Or Cracker Barrel?
Me: Well, her husband is getting a filet and a martini, I don't think he could get that at Denny's or Cracker Barrel.

At least they thought I was charming and accommodating and complemented me. Sometimes this "no rules" policy thing gets really funny.

2 comments:

  1. On your last day, I'm coming in to order a quiche. Not just any quiche mind you... something exotic, yet made from ingredients used in other dishes at Outback. MUHHahahhawhwhahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As annoying it is at the time, especially if we're busy, when it's all said and done, that's one of the things I love about our job!!! Kudos to you Sarah!!! You did a simple, random act of kindness that probably made a huge impact on someone elses life. I tell my kids all the time, "If something so small would mean so much to someone, why wouldn't I do it"? I'm proud to be yuor "Surrogate Mommy"!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete