Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Names

The great baby name debate, Month 7 update:

Tired of surfing the net looking for ideas, Rob and I checked out a baby name book from our birthing class and went through the boy section writing down every name that seemed somewhat plausible. Now instead of five or six choices to argue about we have forty-odd choices to argue about. One step forward, twenty steps back...

This is muddled even further by the fact that we want this baby to have an oldest child sounding name and while I am not sure exactly what that means or that it necessarily applies to girls, it seems that the oldest boy should have a solid responsible sounding name, e.g. Theodore or Vincent instead of Linus or Felix.

4 comments:

  1. what happened to Gus-Gus? I like Gus-Gus!!!! Or you could just quit fighting fate and name this child Chance, after his favorite auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed the list to people at work and in general, they agree with you. If Rob and I could actually talk about it for more than fifteen minutes we might be able to decide on something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They agreed with me about naming my firstborn nephew after me!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR COWORKERS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Gus-Gus, although Ike is being seriously considered too...

    ReplyDelete