Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just My Luck...

My boss was trying to get ahead on end of month entries tonight and asked if I thought I would be done at eleven (we close at ten). I laughed and told him that when I am head wait we always have a table walk in three minutes before close or a big party in the last hour. The odds of this happening are doubled if I actually have stuff to do after work which was the case tonight. Sure enough, at 9.43pm, we had a tour bus pull up outside with 23 Brazilian? agricultural leaders wanting a lot of food and spirits. I finally left work around 11.45 proving that my luck truly is that bad... I hate being right sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. You don't hate being right. You just hate that your pessimism wins more often than your optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably more accurate...

    ReplyDelete