Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things Found In My Baby's Diaper (Part I)

For anyone who wished to know and even those who didn't but are reading this and therefore about to find out...

Gus is mobile. In the last couple weeks his diapers have kept a careful record of what he has gotten into for me. It is like a daily report on his activities. The last dirty diaper I changed had a treasure trove of foreign objects. This morning's diaper consisted of:

Standard baby poop
Undigested cat food
A feather from a cat toy
Grass (no idea how he got that)
Hair (mine from the length of it)
Five and a half year old packing tape

Just because it is interesting, I will add a fun one from a couple weeks ago. We opened it up and found little black threads saturating the poop. It took nearly a week and a half of head scratching to determine that it was threads from a bookmark tassel that he largely ingested before I got to it. Incidentally, that diaper also had tape in it but I didn't figure out till today where it came from.

More smelly news as it develops...

1 comment: