Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Binky

After Gus was born, they moved us to the postpartum floor. Rob was settling me in the bed while the nurse went through the 'what to expect' checklist. He was situating my binky behind my head and the nurse laughed. "Is that your baby blanket?" Somewhat embarrassed, I said that it was. She winked at me and told me that she was 50 and still had hers. She was laughing because she had taken hers to the hospital when she had delivered her children too. When my mom arrived later that night, she groaned and made a comment that she couldn't believe I had brought it the hospital with me to have my own baby.

I tell you that to tell you this

I am so glad I kept that thing. I was going to get rid of it when I married, but Rob didn't care, so I decided there was no reason to get rid of it. Now, it is a life saver. I put Gus down to sleep with my baby blanket and he goes right to sleep. Then when I go to bed, I reclaim it for myself. It is the only way he will nap out of my arms and the only way he will go to sleep in his own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment