Thursday, April 30, 2009

Road Trip (Part I)

I shot twenty rolls of film on our great Northeastern road trip. As I foresee this week being less busy, I will try to pick a couple of my favorites from each roll for your viewing pleasure.

April 1, 2009
This roll was shot in Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY on day one of our trip. It rained the entire day, and most of our photography took place while negotiating an umbrella or through car windows. This first shot was at Presque Isle State Park. We had debated not going to see this lighthouse as we thought we would see a bunch in Maine, but it turned out that by the time we got to Maine, we were behind schedule and didn't get to see any after all so I am glad that we saw this one.

This one is of a windmill in Erie itself. I just liked how simple the picture was.

The next photo, off of roll 2 was taken in Buffalo, NY. For the most part Buffalo struck me as a dirty city, but they did have some beautiful architecture.

I thought this shot looked like it could have been taken 70 years ago if you ignore the shiny modern building in the top middle left of the picture.


This one was taken in Rochester, NY at the George Eastman museum of Photography, which incidentally had some amazing photo opportunities. All of my pictures from there turned out amazing, but this was the only one that had any color in it. After 30 hours of rain, it was nice to see something bright.

I took this picture on the road leaving Syracuse, NY. It was the only sunshine we saw all day and it lasted for about 45 seconds before we were flattened by another thunderstorm. If you look very very closely at the picture you will see the relatively tiny storm system off in the distance. (Actually by the time I had snapped the picture and had one foot back in the car it was pouring).



No comments:

Post a Comment