Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm not dead

I'm not dead, just busy. I finally got around to taking my first real vacation in almost four years last week. Monica and I went on a road trip to Maine. We had an awesome time hitting the capitals of every state in the northeast. In my opinion the two best places we saw by far were Acadia National Park and downtown Boston. Cape Cod won the best food award and Montpelier won the most pathetic state capitol award. Columbus had the worst capital building, Albany and Harrisburg, PA the best. New York's senators gave us a new perspective on the character (and pettiness) of politicians, Concord's representatives showed that politicians can be civilized. We hiked the cliffs of Acadia and walked the historic Boston downtown, went to the Culinary Institute of America, camped in Vermont (cold!), touched our toes in the ocean, watched the tide come in, looked at more than a few boats, encountered a little blizzard in PA and 70 degree weather in NY, ate a lobster, oysters, crab cakes, clams, scallops, clam chowder, lobster bisque, shrimp, trout, tuna, and some amazing crab avocado mango terrine. All I can say is wow and I'm exhausted. I should have pictures developed in a week or so and I will try to post some.

No comments:

Post a Comment