Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nice Baby

It feels like half of this year so far has been spent patting my belly and muttering "nice baby." Not that this mantra is in the least effective in getting him to settle down. So here we are at 2.30 after a 7.00 Am wake up and he has no interest in letting me sleep. Add to this, Rob is out of town on business, so I am kind of restless in the house. Usually I avoid the house when Rob is gone except for sleeping, but I figure with a baby, I won't be able to do that so I better learn how to be alone here.

Day one, honey I miss you and the magical effect your hand on my belly has on your child's activity level. Please come home and put him to sleep, he doesn't listen to me...

2 comments:

  1. Deborah used to joke about the "magic hand" that would stop the baby from squirming, and let her sleep... I'm not sure how it worked, but all I had to do was put my hand on her belly, and the baby calmed right down. I didn't even have to be awake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Rob is like that too. We discovered it because every time he would be really moving he would try to feel it and the baby would instantly hold still. Rob says it is the baby responding to his father's authority but he doesn't have to be awake either. I said that was fine, when the kid is born and won't stop crying he will be in charge of using that authority to get him settled.

    ReplyDelete