Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Mornings

My goal on Tuesdays is to get out of bed in time to take the trash down. Why I can't remember to take it down Monday night is beyond me, but this is a typical scenario. I crawl into bed and remember that tomorrow is trash day. At this juncture the question is do I want to wake up early to get it down in the morning or get out of bed right then, put shoes and a coat on, and take it down that night? At the point where I am already horizontal, do it in the morning always wins. I usually nudge Rob at this point and ask if he can do it, but as he goes to bed before me, he talks in his sleep and says yes. Inevitably, that doesn't happen. We go a couple weeks between trash pickups a lot...

So this particular Tuesday morning, I was up at eleven, but didn't remember to check the trash situation until I heard the garbage truck down the street. I let Bob out with me when I went out, but my fierce hunter-killer cat turned into a 20lb. projectile when the garbage truck pulled up. Apparently doors will open magically if you launch yourself into the door repeatedly and howl. Bob, your ancestors would be ashamed of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment